Online giving is becoming more and more important for schools and non-profits as they work to build their base of philanthropic support. People are seeking easier and more convenient ways to support the schools, nonprofits, and causes that mean the most to them.
The amount and percentage of gifts made online and through mobile devices increase significantly from year to year (see below), and online fundraising initiatives are becoming a key component of a school’s advancement program and funding solution.
- Online Giving: Online giving increased by more than 12% in 2017. (Source: Philanthropy News Digest)
- Mobile Giving: The use of a mobile device by donors to donate to a charity’s website has jumped by 80 percent since 2013. (Source: Survey, Campbell Rinker, Dunham+Company)
- Giving Tuesday: Giving Tuesday raised $274 million online in 2017, up from $10 million in 2012. (Source: Non Profits Source, www.nonprofitssource.com)
- Giving Tuesday: The online average gift amounts exceeded $134 (Source: Non Profits Source, www.nonprofitssource.com)
- Giving Tuesday: 17% of online donation form views were on a mobile device. (Source: Non Profits Source, www.nonprofitssource.com)
Bursari is helping schools capitalize on these trends and opportunities by providing them with a comprehensive platform for their families and supporters to give online, from any device, at any time, without a check, stamp, or trip to the mailbox.
School leaders are recognizing that the benefits of Bursari extend beyond fees and payments and can help them expand their base and circle of philanthropic support, whether it’s through parent and supporter giving programs, annual appeals, or giving days.
Bursari also enables schools to be better stewards of donations with faster processing and access to funds; thank you emails; comprehensive, realtime reporting; and the ability to direct gifts to the appropriate accounts at the time of the donation.
Online giving is one more way in which Bursari is helping transform transaction processing at schools and other organizations!
Bursari: An Online Giving Solution
Bursari provides a solution for schools and other organizations looking to increase online giving and expand their circle of support.
The Bursari platform makes it easier
- to solicit gifts,
- for families & supporters to make gifts, and
- for staff to process gifts.
- Security & privacy
- Faster access to funds
- Gift acknowledgement:
- Automated confirmation and thank you emails
- Gift tracking/donor tracking
- Real-time reporting
- Responsive forms
- Any Device
Bursari supports giving initiatives in dynamic, compelling ways. Giving links can be included within emails, on websites, and on social media.
End-of-Fiscal and Calendar Year Appeals
• Calendar listing, with giving link
• Social media posts, campaigns
- Tuition Assistance Appeals
- Sponsor-a-Student Program
- Scholarship Support
- Annual Giving Appeals
- Parent Giving Programs
- • Add as an item for registered users • Send alerts, notifications
- Class Gifts/Reunion GiftsCorporate PartnershipsWalkathon Sponsorships
Giving Tuesday & School Giving Days
Held the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, Giving Tuesday is an international day of giving on which many charities appeal to supporters through social media and other means.
Giving Tuesday and school-specific giving days are a great way for schools and organizations to create awareness, build momentum, and generate philanthropic support for a cause.
- Include link in email
- Post to social media
- Add as payment item
- Send reminders, alerts